I am currently recruiting for qualified and unqualified Nursery Assistants throughout the London and Greater London areas. Responsibilities include planning and supervising activities for the children to explore and learn...
- A senior practitioner should be able to deliver a range of play opportunities in a safe and caring environment in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act and the EYFS.
- To support the Lead practitioner by taking on the lead role with the planning and resourcing of activities and play opportunities that develops children’s individual needs, in their absence.
- To support the Lead practitioner to ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well
maintained and meet safety standards.
- To promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out
regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
- To provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs. Anyone who handles food must have the Food Hygiene certificate. (Lunch and Tea are cooked and prepared by our on site chef.)
- To ensure that appropriate information relating to children is shared with their parents/carers. To work in
partnership with parents or carers.
- To comply with the safeguarding procedures and support other team members to comply.
- To communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary.
- To support the Lead practitioner when planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assessing and
monitoring the children’s progress.
- To work as a key Person to a group of children, in line with our Policy and procedure. And support the less
experienced and knowledgeable members of team.
- To act as the Lead practitioner in their absence.
- Too liaise with your line manager as directed.
- Experience as a senior practitioner or a similar management role
- First Aid qualification or a willingness to do it
- Food hygiene qualification, or a willingness to do it
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures, or a willingness to do a course