I am currently recruiting for qualified and unqualified Nursery Assistants throughout the London and Greater London areas. Responsibilities include planning and supervising activities for the children to explore and learn...
The ideal candidate must have previous experience in working in the public sector (past work experience with the local government are HIGHLY ESSENTIAL).
The role will involve both a strong customer service element and regional coordination of a high-profile education programme. Connecting Classrooms is a global education programme, which offers funding and resources for school partnerships, professional development for teachers, and the opportunity to share best practice with colleagues in the UK and more than 50 countries throughout Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas. The role involves working on the partnerships strand, both supporting existing partnerships and developing new links.
Behaviours and skills sought:
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Strong administrative skills required – to provide effective, efficient and high-quality delivery of Connecting Classrooms programme – ability to organise and prioritize competing demands whilst maintaining excellent customer service levels throughout.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
Connecting with others:
- Strong customer service skills required; role will entail managing two UK regions – working closely with schools, dealing with a wide variety of queries. Also will be expected to develop a network of stakeholders and work closely with British Council Ambassadors.
- As this is a large scale programme, it will also be necessary to work effectively with the Global Team and is imperative that candidate demonstrates ability to communicate with different audiences.
- Representation of the organisation at external events.
Making it happen:
- Strong organisational skills to manage upcoming regional events and ability to use own initiative in developing regional networks.
- Will be expected to assist in partner-finding for schools.
- The Connecting Classrooms Partnerships Team in the UK is housed across a number of sites. It is essential for the post holder to be an excellent team player – in sharing and contributing to the team tasks such as managing the programme email inbox, phone rota, and participating in regular team meetings.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer skills: Ideally experienced in webinars, Web 2.0 tools, Sharepoint, and an excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Global Education: It would be preferable that candidates have a demonstrable interest in Global Education and/or International Development.
Overseas Experience: Given that the role involves working with colleagues from across the globe, it is also preferable that candidates would have some overseas experience.
Apply now if you have PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE (have you worked for a London Borough?) and if you have the necessary skill set that matches the job criteria.
For more information contact Kennie: T:02088551632 E: Kennie@bramptongroup.org