The Level 4 Award in Food Safety is appropriate for production managers, trainers, owners or managers of food businesses, supervisors with intermediate food hygiene knowledge, hygiene personnel and hygiene auditors. Successful candidates will be able to:
- Guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business.
- Contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses.
- Identify further technical knowledge necessary in complex processes.
- Determine further training requirements.
- Identify areas for legal compliance.
- Determine good practice.
- Design an improvement plan.
- Outline a HACCP type study.
- Promote and encourage good standards of food safety.
- Liaise with enforcement officers.
- Deliver level 1 food hygiene training (with appropriate training skills).
Possession of a qualification in food hygiene such as the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety would be advantageous but is not essential.
- General introduction.
- Food-bourne illnesses.
- Physical contamination of food.
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation.
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment.
- Cleaning and disinfection.
- Pest control.
- Personal hygiene.
- Training strategies.
- Management control techniques.
Students will experience a range of teaching methods including explanation/information from the tutor, group discussions, question and answer sessions, individual work and working with a partner or small group.
Two workplace assignments and a written examination set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
To Find out More or Book a Place
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted in English. The examination is available in a range of foreign languages and can also be conducted orally if necessary.