This course is suitable for managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering businesses. Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Possession of a qualification in food hygiene such as the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Students will experience a range of teaching methods including explanation/information from the tutor, group discussions, question and answer sessions, individual work and working with a partner or small group.
Multiple choice examination set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
£180 per person
To Find out More or Book a Place
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted in English. The examination is available in a range of foreign languages and can also be conducted orally if necessary.