This qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
This course is suitable for anyone in a work environment as it raises learners’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment..
Course Content / Learning Outcomes
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
- the hierarchy of control
- risk assessment review and record keeping.
Students will experience a range of teaching methods including explanation/information from the tutor, group discussions, question and answer sessions, individual work and working with a partner or small group.
Multiple choice examination set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
£60 per person
To Find out More or Book a Place
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted in English. The examination is available in a range of foreign languages and can also be conducted orally if necessary.