The Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety for employees working in any sector of business. In particular the course will enable students to work in a safe and healthy manner, contribute to improving health and safety within their organisation, identify key hazards in their workplace, understand the importance of health and safety rules and working procedures, report health and safety problems, and be responsible for their own actions.
The course is suitable for anyone in a work environment.
Course Content / Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Students will experience a range of teaching methods including explanation/information from the tutor, group discussions, question and answer sessions, individual work and working with a partner or small group.
Multiple choice examination set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
£60 per person
To Find out More or Book a Place
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted in English. The examination is available in a range of foreign languages and can also be conducted orally if necessary.