This qualification has been developed to raise awareness of key food safety issues and to provide employees with an induction to food hygiene, prior to undertaking the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
This course is suitable for:
- new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene
- how to keep clean and hygienic
- how to keep work areas clean
- the role an individual plays in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues
Students will experience a range of teaching methods including explanation/information from the tutor, group discussions, question and answer sessions, individual work and working with a partner or small group.
Multiple choice examination set by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
£35 per person
To Find out More or Book a Place
Please contact us for further details.
The course is conducted in English. The examination is available in a range of foreign languages and can also be conducted orally if necessary.