Toddler/Preschool Room Leader - Golders Green - North London Here are the main duties expected of the Room Leader: To know and understand all Nursery Policies To know and understand all...
Permanent - full time - 17,000-18,000 PA
• As a qualified level 2 / level 3 Practitioner it will be expected within your capability for you to use your own initiative at all times
• Assist the team/room leader to formulate, operate and evaluate planning
• Be a role model and be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individuals and building relationships with a small group of children
• Identify the needs of the children and offer support and age appropriate development opportunities
• Maintain children’s profiles, registers and other paperwork ensuring a proper record of achievement for parents/carers
• Be a Key person and work closely with parents/carers as partners to build good relationships and offering support when necessary
• Work as part of a team and attend staff meetings, training and events outside of working hours as required
• Take responsibility whilst supporting the Nursery Management Team for the safety, security and well-being of all children, staff and visitors at all times
• Provide a stimulating and educational environment for the children to play and develop
• Respect nursery equipment and take pride in the rooms and also reflect this in outdoor practices
• Set the room up in accordance with planning and adjust as necessary e.g. a change of activity due to no interest
• Ensure weekly planning is displayed by 6pm on Friday evening ready for the following week
• Undertake certain domestic duties within the nursery
• Be responsible for any tasks delegated by management and team leaders
• Ensure that safeguarding procedures are followed in line with Local Authority and Company procedures.
Policies and Procedures
all company policies and procedures are correctly followed in the nurseries.
This is everyone’s responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health, safety and well-being of the children in our nurseries. Familiarisation with, and adherence our Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policies and any associated guidance is an essential requirement of all employees as is participation in related mandatory/statutory training. It is the obligation of each employee to seek guidance, without delay, where specific requirements, terminology and/or clarification is required. All managers have a responsibility to ensure their team members understand their individual responsibilities in regard to health, safety and Safeguarding.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• University Degree
• Relevant level 3 qualification
• GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
• Previous similar experience preferable
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic finance skills
• Willingness to work towards further qualifications or training.
BEHAVIOURS ESSENTIAL TO THIS ROLE
• Energy and enthusiasm: the strength and vitality to sustain an exciting and ever-developing environment.
• To also be flexible with regards to working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery.
• To promote equality and diversity within the nursery
• Gumption: each member of the team is required to “roll his or her sleeves up” where required. This may include adhoc activities that would not ordinarily be at a comparable level but is key to the operational success. This may include ad-hoc cover or support during organisational change and project involvement to ensure our vision is met.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org