Toddler/Preschool Room Leader - Golders Green - North London Here are the main duties expected of the Room Leader: To know and understand all Nursery Policies To know and understand all...
Level 2 Nursery Practitioner
Main Duties for Level 2 Nursery Practitioner:
- To deliver a range of play opportunities in a safe and caring environment in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act and the EYFS; under the direction of the senior nursery practitioner.
- To contribute to the planning and resourcing of activities and play opportunities that develop a child and meet their individual needs. (inside and outside)
- To ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
- With support, promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are
carried out regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
- To provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs. Anyone who handles food must have the Food Hygiene certificate. (Lunch and Tea are cooked and prepared by our on site chef.)
- To ensure that appropriate information relating to children is shared with their parents/carers. To work in
partnership with parents or carers, with the support of the senior members of the team.
- To comply with the safeguarding procedures.
- To communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary and with support, if necessary.
- To assist in planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assessing and monitoring the children’s progress, with support.
- To work as a key Person, with the support of senior members of the team, to a small group of children, in line with our Policy and procedure.
- To liaise with your line manager as directed.
Essential Criteria for Level 2 Nursery Nurse:
- First Aid qualification or a willingness to do it
- Food hygiene qualification, or a willingness to do it
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures, or a willingness to do a course