I am currently recruiting for qualified and unqualified Nursery Assistants throughout the London and Greater London areas. Responsibilities include planning and supervising activities for the children to explore and learn...
Lead Practitioner in a nursery in Eltham
Main Duties of Lead Practitioner:
- Deliver a range of play opportunities in a safe and caring environment in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act and the EYFS, monitoring the other team members also.
- Take the lead role with the planning and resourcing of activities and play opportunities that develop a child and
meet their individual needs.
- Ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
- Promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out
regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
- Provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs. Anyone who handles food
must have the Food Hygiene certificate. (Lunch and Tea are cooked and prepared by our on site chef.)
- Ensure that appropriate information relating to children is shared with their parents/carers. To work in
partnership with parents or carers; and support and motivate the rest of the team to do the same.
- Comply with the safeguarding procedures and support other team members to comply.
- Communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary.
- Take the lead when planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assessing and monitoring the children’s progress; supporting the rest of the team to do the same.
- Work as a key Person to a group of children, in line with our Policy and procedure. And support the less
experienced and knowledgeable members of team; training them.
- Liaise with your line manager as directed and to lead the team in the day-to-day running of the room, supporting all children and all team to reach their full potential.
Expectations of Lead Practitioner:
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities determined by the Manager, in consultation with yourself.
- Participate in any training, as the participant, in relation to the duties of your post. This includes monthly team
meetings, Parent evenings, etc.
- Provide cover in other rooms, or at other sites in the absence of staff.
If you are interested in the role then please send your CV to email@example.com