To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and plan interventions for service users presenting with a psychotic illness and their families.
To establish an accurate understanding of the needs of service users who contact the service and to work creatively with them to identify evidence based solutions to those needs. To achieve positive outcomes and promote their independence by taking a person centred approach to interventions, giving them choice and control over those outcomes.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- To offer information and advice
- To assess mental health needs and provide care coordination under Care Programme Approach
- To provide a range of evidence based health and social care interventions for people experiencing a psychotic illness.
- To develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with service users, recognising the service users’ needs and strengths.
- To involve service users and carers in both planning and evaluating intervention.
- To respond sensitively and dynamically to service users’ changing needs
- To support service users to enhance their community participation by assisting them to access community and social care resources.
- To provide appropriate support to people in crisis and reduce the need for hospital admission.
- To coordinate Mental Health Act assessments and participate in the Trust AMHP duty rota for Camden, or be willing to train as an AMHP.
- To support relatives and carers in their roles through provision of carers’ assessments, psycho-education and practical assistance and links with carers’ networks and advocacy services.
- To safeguard vulnerable adults.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge of IT systems: Carenotes and Mosaics are used in the team, but previous knowledge is not essential as training will be provided.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**