To manage and co-ordinate the activities within the team, promoting best practice and ensuring service targets are achieved. Managing the delivery of ICT services to internal customers by supporting the Infrastructure; servers, systems & services in a third line role. To oversee the resolution of customer’s problems and implementation of customer’s requests.
Key tasks and deliverables:
- Manage customer expectations when dealing with an incident/new work request and show reasoning and analysis when providing options and recommendations to resolve/deliver;
- Maintain ‘Service Now’ log of all incidents raised and resolve incidents in accordance with office standards and the SLA.
- Follow (major) incident, change and problem management operating procedures. Contribute to maintaining them and suggesting improvements.
- Proactively monitor call trends, using this knowledge to provide suggestions to stakeholders on improvements to the service.
- To provide input into wider team’s initiatives. The post-holder will be expected to actively contribute to the team’s operational objectives and provide input into how the team can improve and meet its targets;
- Produce/maintain clear and concise documentation (office protocols, team guides, user guides, communications to user, etc).
- Identify and procure hardware/software and assist with financial management and invoice payment, following departmental guidelines.
- Assess the impact of any changes to MS365 and to identify how this may impact the customer/support team.
- Assess the impact of change and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
- Communicating with the judiciary and representatives of other agencies and organisation to understand the different types of customers and respond to them appropriately.
- Understand the urgency and skill levels of customer and use discretion when communicating;
- Ensure complex IT issues can be explained in plain English.
- Dealing with telephone/e-mail queries from customers outside of eJudiciary.
- Contacting and liaising with departmental IT suppliers and representing our interests.
- Present at IT Roadshows (held nationally) the eJudiciary service.
- As required represent the office/directorate/department in meetings with customers, business representatives and internal/external suppliers.
- Ensure specialist knowledge of MS365 and related administrative tools is up to date and maintained.
- Accountable to the eJudiciary Support Helpdesk Manager and in turn to the Head of Judicial and RCJG ICT.
- Recognised IT Qualification/Degree relevant to position.
- Knowledge and experience of administering MS365 (at 2nd line level). The post-holder is required to have specialist knowledge of MS365 environment – Exchange online (e.g. message tracing, managing malware incidents), SharePoint (e.g. create a team site), Powershell (create and execute scripts), Azure (Dynamic Security Groups) and Skype for Business;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint (as described by most external courses);
- Knowledge of the different operating systems/devices highly desirable, however Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS is essential.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders. This role will involve dealing with the senior judiciary;
- Experience of dealing with incident, problem and change management processes.
- Being able to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely (e.g. explaining a complex incident in plain English).
- Experience of working in a 2nd Line team within an IT support environment.
- Production of support documentation and training materials for both internal support teams and customers.
- Being able to deliver training to colleagues and customers;
- Experience of a call logging systems (Service Now highly desirable).
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **