To provide practical support to dependent older people living in the community using a range of services including day services and services in the home responding to their physical, emotional, psychological needs of a wide range of people with physical and sensory disabilities, mental health difficulties and dementia.
To participate in providing a programme of activities to enable service users to maintain and where possible develop new daily living and social skills to enable them to continue to live within the community
To be involved on transport duties, act as driver or escort of service, ensure
vehicles are road worthy and to assist in the provision of safe, secure and pleasant
environment at day centre.
- Knowledge of the physical, psychological and emotional and personal care needs of the older person
- The postholder must possess a clean current driving license which includes category D1
- Knowledge and principles of the care in the community and related legislation
- Experience of working with older people, disabled people or vulnerable people in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of driving ambulances or large vehicles.
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.