PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To manage a caseload of routine and non-routine legal matters with minimum supervision.
- To provide clear, consistent and accurate legal advice to clients in the Council’s services.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To undertake advocacy on behalf of the Council in courts and tribunals, where this is part of the work of the team.
- To draft complex reports and legal documentation.
- To deliver seminars or briefings to clients, colleagues, service users, Members and others.
- To research and analyse the law.
- To comply with the Service’s practice management standards and manage cases within that framework.
- To use the case management system and to record 1350 chargeable hours per annum or such other targets as may be set by the Head of Service or Director of Legal.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister (Supreme Court of England and Wales/English Bar) or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
- Experience of undertaking a caseload of both routine and non-routine legal matters
- Experience of providing clear, consistent and accurate legal advice to clients on the interpretation of the law
- Experience of using a case management system.
- Experience of undertaking a caseload of complex legal matters
• Ability to provide high quality legal services to clients across the Council.
• Ability to manage a demanding caseload of legal matters
• Ability to achieve chargeable hours targets
• Ability to represent the Council in courts and tribunals
• Client care skills
• Ability to comply with practice management and other professional standards
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**