About the team
The Insight and Service Design team addresses key strategic challenges, radically transforms services and creates new and innovative ways of improving outcomes for residents and ensuring financial stability.
The team works to ensure the borough maximises the benefits of user research, data analysis, business analysis and service design. It works collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to inform strategy and deliver transformational change and innovation.
About the role
This key role is to lead the Insight and Design function, enabling the council to deliver on its strategic priorities and ambitions including better outcomes for residents and financial sustainability.
- Ensuring the council benefits from a high-quality and highly visible insight and service design offer that shapes strategic direction, transforms services and delivers innovation.
- Collaborating at a senior level to ensure that change and transformation projects benefit from insight and design methods, through the creation of multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Leading the use of insight and service design across the organisation, demonstrating the case for and benefits of insight and service design practice.
- Leading the use of user research and business analysis across the organisation and combining these with insight and service design to maximise impact.
- Ensuring the Insight and Design team is highly-collaborative, managed effectively and delivers excellent value for money.
- Continuously innovating and developing the function, ensuring it delivers a great customer service, high standards of delivery and leads on future trends within its specialisms.
- Ensuring that the function is a leader in the local government sector and recognised externally as delivering high-quality and innovative insight and design practice.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience of leading and managing a team, coaching junior colleagues or supervising the work of team members.
- Experience of prototyping and piloting within design projects and leading team members through an iterative design process.
- Experience of managing a wide range of contractors including research specialists.
- Experience/knowledge of the creation of digital services, including working with developers.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of service design and innovation methods with extensive experience of using these to deliver change in complex environments.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of business analysis and demonstrable experience of using business analysis techniques within change projects
- Expert knowledge and understanding of qualitative research, including research ethics and the broad range of user research methods.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of quantitative research methods, including advanced statistical analysis and data visualisation (using a range of tools and techniques, e.g. tableau, power BI and SPSS)
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
Please send CV’s directly to email@example.com or call 0208 8551632 for further information
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**