Main Purpose of the Job
Supporting the social work and occupational therapy teams to provide social care services, equipment and minor adaptations. Promoting the independence and well being of residents in the Royal Borough.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1 To provide timely and responsive assessments, re-assessments and/or reviews delivering personalised care to support users and carers with non-complex needs to shape their own lives, encouraging maximum independence and safety.
2 To assess, according to the agreed eligibility criteria and organise the equipment, adaptations and services required in a safe, timely and effective manner.
3 To develop an understanding of a variety of methods of overcoming and managing problems of daily living (using alternative techniques, arranging equipment, equipment trials, minor adaptations, home care services, re-ablement, direct payments) and be able to advise (and as relevant demonstrate to) clients, relatives and carers on their application, suitability and safe usage.
4 To undertake placements within the different disciplines within the assessment services and participate in their duty service.
5 To liaise effectively and work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations and any other relevant agencies.
Technical and Job Specific Requirements
1. Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing people who may need Social Care and Community Equipment Services
2. Relevant experience of working with an Adult Social Care user group
3. Experience of working routinely with electronic recording systems– and excellent recording skills (precise/concise/relevant)
4. Excellent standard of numerical and verbal comprehension and reasoning (Including the ability to seach and identify different types of provision and their costs and to make reasoned recommendations)
5. Excellent communication skills (precise /concise / relevant)
(Including the ability to advise, instruct and as relevant demonstrate to service users, carers, family representatives, liaise )
6. Knowledge of the basic concepts of NHS &Community Care Act, Health &Safety legislation and guidance pertaining to disability equipment provision and duty of care.
7. Ability to undertake assessments and organise follow on services, equipment, and adaptations