To deliver and develop a tenancy and estate management service which achieves
compliance with the terms of tenancy and lease conditions, builds effective
relationships with residents, increases resident satisfaction and quality of life, gives
people pride in our estates and improves value for money.
Description of duties:
- Responsible for the day to day management of a patch of tenancies, leases and licences, to include sheds and halls where appropriate, to ensure all agreements are adhered to and action is taken to address breaches where appropriate.
- Manage the rehousing process including working with the void works team in property services to get the property into works and receive the property back once works are complete, to carry out viewings and sign up new and transferring tenants.
- Carry out all sign-up interviews in line with agreed policy and procedures. To ensure tenants have all the information they need at the start of their tenancy to fully understand their rights and obligations under the tenancy agreement and to enable them to successfully sustain their tenancy and reduce the incidence of tenancy
- Deliver a victim centred approach towards victims of domestic violence by responding quickly and sensitively and taking action, whenever practical, against the perpetrator.
- Represent the Council at court hearings, evictions, case protection conferences and other legal/formal proceedings when required, protecting the Council’s interests and ensuring the Council’s reputation is maintained.
- Establish strong relationships with tenant & resident association representatives and to act as their key source of advice and support, enabling them to increase their involvement in LBHF service delivery and improving satisfaction.
- Organise, co-ordinate and carry out estate inspections and work with tenant and resident associations to achieve and maintain excellent management standards, identifying opportunities to improve estates and the provision of services, to deliver a cleaner, greener and safer environment to improve quality of life.
- Action any recommendations for hosuing management from fire risk assessments within required timescales
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders including health services, third sector, voluntary groups, police, contractors, internal and external customers (tenants and leaseholders), colleagues, residents groups and community organisations.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to enquiries and complaints from residents, members and MP’s within agreed timescales, to identify and implement improvements to the service, ensure that customer service standards are met and customer satisfaction is continuously improved.
- Prepare complex reports and make recommendations to protect the interests of LBHF and its residents in support of other agencies or court proceedings and represent LBHF in such proceedings when necessary in order to ensure effective action against problem tenants and protect the vulnerable and those at risk.
- Deliver a service which promotes equality and diversity by giving equal and fair access and identify and resolve perceived or real inequalities.
- Critically assess and challenge current service delivery methods and suggest changes to improve performance and reduce costs.
- The post holder will have no direct staff management responsibility, but may be called on to deputise for the housing manager and to supervise the work of the housing assistants.
- The post holder will be required to provide cover for the area office reception, providing advice and assistance to customers, resolving enquiries at the point of contact where possible and sign-posting to other services where appropriate.
- The post holder has no direct budgetary responsibility, but his or her actions will impact on the ability of LBHF to maximise the rental income from the use of the housing stock and contribute to the identification of suitable budget spend under the HIP and NSM budget streams.
- Officers are required to attend evening meetings when required and to participate
in Forums and events outside of office hours when needed, in line with LBHF
- Carry out visits to customers in their own home within the borough, ensuring
LBHF’s lone working policy is followed and responsibility is taken for their own and
colleagues health and safety.
- Educated to GCSE “A” Level or NVQ Level 3 or having equivalent experience. A
housing qualification would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of tenancy management in a social housing environment and of dealing successfully with the challenges to which this can give rise
- A good understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation and regulatory framework within housing and associated case law.
- Experience of using and maintaining financial records and IT systems and of producing and reporting on management information
- A record of successfully engaging with others and building positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience of working in an environment requiring the delivery of outstanding customer service and of dealing effectively face to face with customer enquiries and complaints
- Experience of writing and presenting reports and dealing effectively with correspondence.
- Evidence of working as an effective team player and building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
- A successful track record of contributing to continuous improvement in order to improve organisational performance, reduce costs and deliver increasing customer satisfaction.
- Able to deal with confrontational situations and resolve the situation and remain calm at all times.
Skills and abilities
- Well organised
- Able to work under pressure and flexibly
- Self-motivated, decisive and persuasive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write complex reports
- Good at problem solving
- Strong customer care skills
- Committed to the delivery of high quality services
Please note Brampton Group can only offer an Umbrella rate for this position
Please apply to email@example.com