- To investigate and respond to complaints made at Stage 2 of the Council‘s Corporate Complaints procedure and enquiries from the Local Government Ombudsman and Housing Ombudsman.
- To learn lessons from complaints and, in conjunction with the Customer Resolution Management Team, implement changes that result in improved service delivery across the Council and to work with senior managers to ensure that these changes are implemented.
- Develop training packages and procedures in relation to complaint handling, good customer service and the compensation policy.
- Deliver training as required to appropriate staff across the Council.
- Monitor the implementation of decisions and recommendations arising from complaint investigations and Ombudsman enquiries.
- To ensure that compensation awards are considered and paid in appropriate cases, doing so early in the complaints procedure to minimise costs to the Council.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of complaints processes
- Understanding of mechanisms for dispute resolution and systems of redress within the local government setting
- Relevant work experience at level similar to Investigator role
- Experience of communicating effectively with customers and at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise own workload
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with a wide range of people at all levels in the authority and external organisations
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**