Purpose of Job / Job Summary
- To act as a highly specialist resource for SaLT issues within a Integrated health and Social Care team in a range of settings.
- To work with the Management Team planning, developing, implementing and evaluating high quality services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
- To manage a complex caseload of ALD in a range of environments to develop functional communication in pursuit of independence in ordinary life.
- To be aware of eating and drinking issues, and to have an awareness of making appropriate referrals to Specialist Dysphasia Team.
- To lead on input to training courses designed to improve communication strategies employed when working with people with challenging behaviour.
Key Result Areas / Principal Responsibilities
- To assess, develop and implement Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapy Treatment
- To write reports reflecting highly specialist knowledge
- To provide appropriate highly specialist intervention and evaluate outcomes
- To provide advice to others regarding the management and care of adults with learning disabilities with communication difficulties
- To demonstrate good negotiation skills across a range of issues
- To demonstrate clinical effectiveness by use of evidence based practice and outcome measures
Education/ Knowledge/ Qualifications
• Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
• The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)– Licence to Practice
• Registered Member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapist
• Membership of relevant Special Interest Group
• Sound knowledge of the principals of clinical governance/ national and local policy/ good practice guidance relating to a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions and care of people with learning disabilities.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**