- To monitor and control the programme of annual gas safety inspections in leased Temporary Accommodation, ensuring that all properties are covered by gas safety certificates and that Gas Safety Contracts are well-managed and controlled
- To ensure all certificates are submitted by the due date, taking corrective action where there may be a risk of non compliance
- To act as the main point of contact with tenants, landlords, Housing Officers, Hostel Managers and contractors in relation to all repairs, maintenance and gas safety issues.
- To certify repair and landlord invoices in a timely manner, ensuring each invoice is supported by the correct documentation.
- To attend to all other administrative duties, as directed by the Head of Service
Skills and experience:
- A commitment to and understanding of the Council’s equal opportunities policy, and the ability to implement the policy in relation to the duties of the post.
- The ability to communicate effectively, in writing or orally, with tenants, landlords and other relevant parties, including senior management and elected members.
- Excellent numeracy, attention to detail and the principle of invoice processing.
- The ability to plan and organise your own work load and work on your own initiative.
- A good understanding of day to day housing management issues and the ability to apply practical solutions.
- An understanding of the principles of tenancy management and the efficient control of empty properties.
- Desirable: An understanding and knowledge of IT Systems, iWorld, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desirable: ability to travel to various properties and the use of motorised transportation
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **