Currently recruiting for a highly experienced Head of Cyber Security to research, interpret, disseminate, approve and implement best practice in cyber defence and network security including ISO27001, CESG (the National Technical Authority for Information Assurance) guidance and Public Services Network instructions.
To verify and audit compliance with Council policy, relevant codes of practice and appropriate legislation including the Data Protection Act in all matters relating to network security.
To advise the Council’s Chief Executive, Corporate Management Board, the Head of Internal Audit, Director of Digital Services and Transformation, Data Security Manager and other relevant officers on all matters relating to network security.
To be accountable for providing support for incidents and investigations into breaches of Council policy, relevant codes of practice and appropriate legislation, liaising with the relevant authorities and monitoring our platforms for information risk issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- Extensive experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary ICT team in a large ITIL aligned organisation in a regulated industry, ideally a local authority.
- Trained in and/or experienced in the operation at least two security vendor’s software, hardware or services or holding a relevant and current professional ICT security qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of networking principles, practices and technologies and the ability to apply this knowledge in a practical environment to deliver high performance, reliable and secure services.
- Technologies used to protect and secure the perimeter of the organisation including firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Ability to transfer fundamental knowledge and experience from one technology to other technologies to gain a rapid understanding of its operation.
- Proven ability to manage staff to deliver flexible, effective and efficient services aligned to customer requirements and service level agreements
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations while empathising with customers and responding sympathetically to circumstances.
- Ability to understand, assimilate, create and maintain effective documentation detailing precise, complex technical and operational information to a variety of audiences including other technical experts, senior officers and elected members.
- Knowledge of and proven ability to work to standards including ITIL, Prince 2, ISO 27001, ISO 27002 Data Protection Act and other legal and regulatory frameworks relevant to the management of a public sector ICT service.
- Excellent time management skills combined with prioritisation skills to balance conflicting and often high profile priorities.
- Ability to work regularly one Sunday a month for scheduled maintenance, upgrades and installations and occasionally in the evenings and at weekends for other maintenance, upgrades and installations that cannot be completed during the scheduled monthly shutdowns.
- Standard DBS is essential for this role
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**