Main Duties and Responsibilities
1.To deal with routine correspondence, ensuring that it is handled correctly and expeditiously in conformance with the documented procedures and work instructions
2. To update the Council Tax database, in accordance with information received, ensuring that all input conforms to the documented quality targets.
3. To update the DIP database, in accordance with information received, ensuring that all input conforms to the Quality System in place.
4. To action system reports within prescribed time frames
5. To assist in the selection and preparation of cases to be brought before the Magistrates’ Court, and to assist at Court Hearings
6. To despatch and action post-summons documentation within prescribed time frames
7. To deal with customer enquiries by telephone or in person
8.To action refund applications
9.To assist in audits and projects relating to quality initiatives
10.All staff are expected to carry out their job in compliance with the Councils Constitution. This means being familiar with the policies and procedures relevant to the job and asking for information and advice if you are unsure of the correct course of action. The Council’s Constitution is published on the Internet.
Minimum “O”level or GCSE passes (or equivalent).
Basic keyboard skills (data entry).
Experience in accessing and extracting information from database systems.
Experience in working in a Revenues or Benefits environment (or equivalent) and knowledge of Council Tax legislation and procedures.
Experience of front-line customer contact (by phone and in person).
Previous experience in relating to a wide range of people, remaining calm with awkward clients and practice at diffusing difficult situations.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
Please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state the job title. Please call 020 8855 1632 for more information.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submiss