Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible for the direct provision of professional, child-centred contact supervision, within the Family Resource Centre and other designated locations as appropriate.
- To ensure provision, recording, assessment and monitoring of Child Contact, with particular regard to children’s racial and ethnic backgrounds and always with the needs and safety of the child as the paramount concern.
- To ensure the service is delivered within its statutory obligations under legislation governing health and safety, fire safety, first aid and risk assessments.
- To offer direct provision, within an environment that is warm, welcoming, supportive and accepting of service users of child-centred social work, of supervision of children, to family, friends and carers, working always within the
terms of court orders and referring agencies’ conditions of contact and, in partnership with parents and carers.
- To take responsibility for one’s individual caseload, including prioritising tasks, the keeping of accurate and relevant case files and the completion and updating of risk assessments relating to service provision and environment.
- To engage with referrers, agencies and families in order to ensure the effectiveness of the service provided and ensure compliance from other parties with the terms of the Contact Agreement.
- To provide concise, relevant and accurate recording of contact sessions in line with service guidance and informed by relevant theory, and careful recording of discussions and other communications with other agencies and professions.
Knowledge, training and experience
- Experience of working directly with children and families in need
- Experience in undertaking assessments within the DOH Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need
- Significant experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment with families with complex needs
- Contribute to and implement protocols relating to eligibility criteria, risk assessments, service monitoring and review
- Computer literacy and experience of MS Word, Excel and able to maintain client database system
- Impacts of trauma and loss on child development and the role of contact in child development
- Knowledge of child protection protocols, indicators, issues and procedures, including recognition of the signs and symptoms of child abuse, including neglect and emotional abuse
- NVQ 3 level qualification or above in social work, childcare or other related field
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**