To ensure day to day repairs and planned works are delivered to client’s standards, specification and schedule with due regard to legal requirements and of health & safety legislation.
To ensure that the correct materials and workmanship are employed to provide the client with high quality and value for money on all works.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out site inspections as required and inform the contract manager if works do not comply with contract conditions.
- To monitor and report on compliance with Building Regulations and Planning Regulations.
- To maintain records as required and ensure that all matters relating to the performance of the works are accurately recorded.
- To ensure that all works carried out within the Programme are executed in accordance with relevant Codes of Practice , British and European standards and do not breach Camden Policies and Procedures.
- To advise the contract manager of any matters that may impact on the budgetary or time constraints of the project.
- Building / Building Services Pathology – Level 1
- Construction technology and Environmental Services – Level 1
- Contract Administration – Level 1
- Design and Specification – Level 1
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance and management of Health & Safety – Level 1
- Commercial Management /Financial Control/Budget Management – Level 1
- Option Appraisal & Procurement – Level 1
- Risk Management – Level 1
- Information Management/Records Keeping – Level 1
- Works progress & Quality Management – Level 1
- Knowledge of project administration, planning, audit and evaluation – Level 1
Essential: The post holder should hold a relevant building qualification and/or be working towards a professional qualification.
Desirable: The post holder will maintain professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Minimum 7 years experience of working in the construction industry preferably on housing projects with 5 years experience in working with Local Authority or Housing Association.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**