Purpose of the role:
- To provide transactional and analytical finance support and excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring client needs are met and the Finance team objectives are achieved.
- Provide insightful and intelligent variance analysis for monthly PI pack with a commentary on the key drivers of the material variances, producing high quality analyses to assist in strategic decision making, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and right-first-time service is delivered.
- Prepare accurate and timely audit schedules and statutory accounting notes for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor controls in line with financial and operating regulations and address any concerns highlighted by Internal Audit or Compliance teams.
- Prepare, post or review weekly, monthly and ad-hoc accounting journals, along with monthly/annual balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring each journal and reconciliation is accurate, complete and compliant with standard accounting practices and internal regulations.
- Support finance projects ensuring the objectives of the project are delivered, adopting a cross-department collaborative working style.
- Provide a user-friendly, customer-focused and reliable service at all times, creating strong working relationships with internal and external customers and consistently demonstrating a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Continuously review and seek to improve systems and processes to maximise efficiency and keep things as simple and easy for users as possible and maintaining a positive approach to change at all times
- To develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our customers, assessing clients’ needs to ensure effective service delivery.
- To advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
- To update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation.
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
- To carry out any other duties and to deputise for the Finance Manager as required.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sound accounting knowledge and ability to apply knowledge to practical business situations
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
- Part qualified CCAB accountant, degree level qualification, or similar experience
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact email@example.com or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **