- To provide a responsive and high quality brokerage service that enables individuals’ Support Plans to be implemented in a way that is person centred and achieves best possible value for money.
- To provide an urgent duty brokerage service, ensuring support is brokered in a timely way to meet urgent need, including hospital discharge.
- To carry out all duties in a flexible manner, according to an agreed rota pattern. Cover to be provided as and when mutually agreed. This may involve some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements.
- This service acts as the link between care managers and care providers, working alongside care management and commissioning teams to fulfil the support plans of service users. Operating with external domiciliary care services, extending to include nursing and residential care and other community based services.
- To ensure that individual packages of managed care and support are brokered in a timely and effective fashion maintaining the service standards set by the Brokerage Service Manager, and that these packages reflect accurately the requirements of the assessment/support Plan.
- This duty at 1 above extends to include the brokering, effective negotiation and arranging for the full range of services and solutions required, fulfilling the individual Support Plan/Integrated Care and Support Plans and Urgent Requests.
- The duty at 1 extends to include the brokering, effective negotiation and arranging of urgent services when implementing urgent requests whilst working on duty
- To liaise as appropriate with the individual whose Support Plan/Integrated Care is being brokered, and the professionals and others supporting that individual e.g. the support service, and to continue to act as first point of contact for that individual for any subsequent brokerage related issues.
- To ensure that all costing and supplier information relating to each individual package of care and support is entered into the relevant Framework fields in a timely and accurate manner
- To ensure that new suppliers are set up with creditor numbers and that the creditor numbers are correctly added on framework i and any other systems that maybe developed.
- The duties above extend to include working with Carer’s Support Plans and other requests from Social Care Teams
- Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the social care market in the Borough, in the context of Personalisation and Transformation, and how to develop capability and capacity in this market.
- Understands the commissioning requirements of the NHS locally when operating in a Lead Commissioning capacity and effectively manages contracts on their behalf.
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of the abilities and role of the 3rd sector, and of its ability to provide against service specifications.
- Experience working with practitioner colleagues through the support planning and brokerage process to spread best practice, and encourage innovation.
- Promotes services that encourage early intervention, to avoid or reduce the need for longer term interventions.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
Please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state the job title. Please call 020 8855 1632 for more information.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**