PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To fulfil statutory and legal obligations on behalf of the council for land, water and air issues in support of the Principal Pollution Control Officer.
- To deliver work and manage projects across a wide range of land, water and air issues in support of the Principal Pollution Control Officer.
- To support the work of the Principal Pollution Control Officer.
The post holder will:-
- Carry out all duties set for the role in support of the full range of activities undertaken by the Service in accordance with corporate and set procedures, and meet all monthly, quarterly and other targets that are set.
- Remain performance-oriented, customer-focused, and flexible and responsive to the needs of Service users, to deliver the service to the highest professional standards.
- Use own initiative to satisfactorily resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Record all activity and maintain records and other returns in accordance with Council and Service requirements.
- Assist and work closely with colleagues within the Service.
- Assess your own priorities and manage your workload to fulfil the responsibilities of the post.
Experience and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge and experience of the technical and practical aspects of air quality and related legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- A good level of knowledge and experience of the technical and practical aspects of contaminated land and water issues and related legislative and regulatory frameworks.
- Experience of managing and delivering projects and initiatives including the writing of reports and correspondence.
- Posses an appropriate pollution related qualification, such as a degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Environmental Health.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 8551632
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post and confirmation of Eligibility to work in the UK will be required before submission**