- To develop and embed the Accelerated Support Team’s service using a mixture of statutory and non-statutory interventions to support young people on the edge of care and their families, and evaluate its effectiveness in reducing the risk of significant harm for children and young people.
- The team manager will manage the team and its work, and also work directly with the most complex and challenging cases within the team’s remit, providing a high quality cost effective and efficient multi-professional service to children and young people in crisis and their families. To provide such a service within agreed departmental service and financial priorities and the Council’s Equal Opportunity Policy.
- To improve outcomes for children and young people in crisis who require statutory intervention by working in partnership with colleagues in the Children and Young People department, the wider council, schools, police and voluntary and statutory agencies who provide services for children and families. This will involve crisis intervention within both the Early Intervention and statutory framework for young people to prevent them from coming into the care system. The team manager will have responsibility for managing the Deputy Manager who will manage the Extended Hours service. The team manager and deputy manager will be required to participate in an ‘On Call’ rota system and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- To ensure that the Department’s key performance targets, as they apply to the specific team, are met.
- To support the Head of Service and Service Managers in developing and implementing new and innovative services for children and young people who require statutory intervention and to be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the entire Accelerated Support programme
- Certificate Qualification in Social Work / Diploma in Social Work or its equivalent.
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- HCPC registered
- This position requires that postholders undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau Disclosure considered satisfactory by the Council prior to employment and every 3 years thereafter.
- Significant post-qualifying experience including statutory work with Children and their families