Toddler/Preschool Room Leader - Golders Green - North London Here are the main duties expected of the Room Leader: To know and understand all Nursery Policies To know and understand all...
Early Years Practitioner
- As an Early Years Practitioner you should be able to deliver a range of play opportunities in a safe and caring environment in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act and the EYFS.
- To contribute to the planning and resourcing of activities and play opportunities that develops children’s individual needs.
- To ensure that all equipment and toys are appropriate for their purpose, well maintained and meet safety standards.
- To promote the safety and good health of children, self and others by ensuring risk assessments are carried out
regularly and actions are taken to reduce accidents and the spread of infection, if a child is ill.
- To provide regular drinks and foods, in accordance with the children’s individual needs. Anyone who handles food must have the Food Hygiene certificate. (Lunch and Tea are cooked and prepared by our on site chef.)
- To ensure that appropriate information relating to children is shared with their parents/carers. To work in
partnership with parents or carers.
- To comply with the safeguarding procedures.
- To communicate effectively with team/parents or carers/children and outside agencies when necessary.
- To assist in planning on a long, medium and short term basis, and assessing and monitoring the children’s progress.
- To work as a key Person to a group of children, in line with our Policy and procedure.
- Too liaise with your line manager as directed.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities determined by the Manager, in consultation with yourself.
- To participate in any training, as the participant or the trainer, in relation to the duties of your post. This includes monthly team meetings, Parent evenings, etc.
- To provide cover in other rooms, or at other sites in the absence of staff.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- First Aid qualification or a willingness to do it
- Food hygiene qualification, or a willingness to do it
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures, or a willingness to do a course