Toddler/Preschool Room Leader - Golders Green - North London Here are the main duties expected of the Room Leader: To know and understand all Nursery Policies To know and understand all...
Nursery Practitioner – baby & Toddler Room
The Nursery Practitioner’s purpose in a Baby & Toddler room is to effectively follow all policies and procedures at all times, and to plan and implement creative and engaging activities for children’s learning in line with the EYFS requirements.
Policies & Procedures/Safeguarding:
- Ensure Policies & Procedures are effectively implemented.
- Monitor appropriate use of risk assessments and feedback effectiveness.
- Ensure that you understand the Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure daily and weekly reporting sheets are displayed and completed.
- Ensure you understand the EYFS, and how to implement it effectively into children’s learning.
- Create and implement engaging and inspiring activities designed to develop curiosity in learning.
- Planning is consistent and progressive and ensures appropriate progress for each child.
- Ensure primary focus of educational development through positive role modeling
- Ensure you are adequately trained and confident in the use of iPads for observations.
- Ensure child-adult ratios are maintained within policy at all times.
- Ensure you are informed of the weekly/daily agenda in the Nursery/Room.
- Ensure you are engaged, motivated and you are supportive to other team members.
- Ensure that you are inducted and trained ongoing to effectively fulfil your role.
- Monitor resources and supplies for the room
- Create and nurture positive working relationship with parents/carers.
- Share and encourage use of online Learning Journals parent comments box.
- Participate in parent’s evenings, open days, etc. as required.
- Ensure that the Daily and Weekly routines are understood and implemented, and ensure you have requested the required support and materials to fulfil the planned activities.
- Communicate with the Room Leader to ensure that the daily routine is implemented and breaks are planned around appropriate times of the day.
- Ensure that the Nursery equipment and facilities are kept safe, clean and tidy at all times.